Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Grand Master Lover  


    Someone asked me to post the other side of this record from this mix. Obviously I've been slacking on that request and eventually I came to terms with the fact that deep down I feel like keeping that one as a secret weapon. I'll make up by sharing the B-side which is a little more abstract but still equally great. O'mar was a pioneering producer and vocalist from St. Louis who self-released several records during the early '80s. PB Wolf is known to rinse his incredible "Grand Master Lover" tune.  P.M. Affair comes off O'Mar's other great release and features his trademark hypnotic chorus chants and oddball synth sounds. This is indie left field disco at its best. 

Omar - P.M. Affair

Posted by Dogtones | 3 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ Grand Master Lover


  • August 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM  

    I swear I probably played this 50 times tonight. Trying to find a copy online, only the 45 is coming up...obviously this is either a rare 12", although discogs doesn't think it exists...could be an edit, I could see how it could be extended from the original shorter version... Might be time to just make a damn record myself...sheesh this is good stuff...


  • August 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM  

    it's from the 12", on discogs here: http://www.discogs.com/Omar-Satisfaction-PM-Affair/release/2021123


  • August 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM  

    Both sides are KILLER!