Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Looking From A Hilltop  


Thought I would switch it up for a change and post an 80's synth pop track from the legendary Factory Records stable. This cut from Section 25 was a staple of mine some years back when I incorporated quite a bit of new wave and post punk into my DJ sets. I dusted this record off in anticipation of the upcoming Section 25 show at Mezzanine in SF and it served to remind me that I still love this kind of stuff. The British in particular were damn good at making new wave/synth tracks. They tended to add a more soulful element that their American counterparts were not quite as adept at pulling off. Looking From a Hilltop was released in 1984 as the first single off of the From the Hip LP which was produced by Bernard Sumner of New Order.

Section 25 - Looking From a Hilltop (Restructure from FACT 90)

Posted by Magnum | 2 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Looking From A Hilltop


  • October 7, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

    If you fancy the old synth stuff & recognise us british were pretty good i could send u a load of the stuff(some u mite not have heard!)? The only problem is i don't have PC,i could only physically send an SD card(as tho can't stand PC's have hard drives that r backed up via memory card readers,mostly from non PC audio ripper). Any address u want me 2 send them 2 let me know. Eclectro(Jason),South England. Gr8 site by the way!


  • October 8, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

    I've been listening to this track since its release. I have it on a 12-inch and can never get enough of it.

    Great post.